Boating Holidays on Charente
Highlights along Charente
- The moats around Angouleme with stunning views and the city's cathedral St. Pierre, from the 12th century
- The elegant town of Cognac with a guided tour and tasting of Hennesey, Martell and Remy Martin distilleries
- The town of Jarnac, located on the river - the birthplace of Francois Mitterand and the home of Courvoisier and Louis Royer Cognac´s houses
- Chocolate Tasting at Trois Pallis
- The unique castle at St Brice
- The town of Saintes with its Roman arch, amphitheatre and frescoes
- Nice golfing right on the riverbanks
- The shipyard at Saint Simon, where the special Gabares (flat-bottomed river barges) was built to transport barrels of cognac.
- The maritime museum at Rochefort and the city’s high-class restaurants for fish and shellfish.
- The amazing children's park at St Savinien with swimming pool and "crazy-golf", a perfect place for a picnic